London Sailing Courses at the Cruising Association
Learn all the theory behind sailing at one of the most prestigious venues in central London.
The Cruising Association is based at CA House, next to the famous Limehouse Basin Marina and close to Canary Wharf. This renowned organisation is now hosting RYA shorebased courses taught by First Class Sailing.
RYA Courses at CA House
Theory classes are run in the evenings, at weekends, or a combination of both. They last between 7 to 8 weeks with the one day courses usually taking place on a Saturday or a Sunday.
Sign up today if you are keen to:
- Get your hands dirty and make friends with diesel engines
- Become familiar with how to use a VHF Radio and obtain a SRC licence (legal requirement)
- Learn about or improve on all navigational aspects of sailing – from working up a course to steer on a Day Skipper Course, a secondary port tidal calculation on a Yachtmaster Course, or a sun run sun with a sextant on an Ocean Yachtmaster Course
- Experience jumping into a liferaft - definitely pays to do this in a swimming pool before having to do it in anger!
- Learn what to do in a medical emergency at sea and practice giving mouth to mouth on a First Aid course
For more information on these courses click on the above links.
Benefits of Joining the Cruising Association
Along with discounts on the RYA courses we run there are many other reason for joining this prestigious body, such as:
- Cruising Magazine Quarterly
- Wealth of sailing knowledge
- Discounts negotiated for our members, UK and overseas
- Local and national events to meet fellow sailors
- Crewing Service to introduce skippers and crew.
- Courses to extend your sailing knowledge.
- Rallies & Events
Young members (under 25) are welcome, as are those living overseas. Discounts are also available if you belong to one of the Owners Associations/clubs, and there are cabins should you wish to stay overnight in London. You can find out more and join here: www.theca.org.uk
Booking Your Course at CA House
Please note that when looking at our available dates, the courses held at CA House are listed as taking place at ‘Limehouse’.
If you are a CA member you are entitled to a reduction in the price of all RYA courses held at CA House with up to 20% off on the higher priced ones.
CA House has a wealth of knowledge in their library, plus regular lectures and experienced sailors visiting the building. Details of how to become a member of the Crusing Association can be found here: www.theca.org.uk. If you join do let us know!
The Cruising Association, CA House, 1 Northey Street, Limehouse Basin, London E14 8BT
Telephone: 020 7537 2828
- Learn essential sailing skills
- Up to 20% saving for members
- Non-members get price reduction if they join the Cruising Association before or during a course
- Central London location
- Experienced and enthusiastic instructors
- Extensive wealth of knowledge in the building
- Overnight accommodation (CA Members only)
Ask a question about this course
Call 0203 006 3717 today
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
First Class Sailing in London
We’re not strangers to the City and have been arranging courses in people’s offices across the capital in places such as Canary Wharf, Liverpool Street, Moorgate, London Wall, Primrose Street, Fleet Street, Waterloo, Portman Square, Bishops Square and Knightsbridge.
The central location of CA House is ideal for anyone working in London, especially those based around the City and Canary Wharf.
And with bunk rooms available for CA House members, attendees from out of town and their partners can make it a weekend of learning how to be an expert sailor while taking in the sights and sounds of the UK’s capital.
If you are coming by public transport CA House is a close walk from Limehouse Station on the D.L.R.